As a premium provider of senior adult mental health care in Central Kentucky, Frankfort Regional has a proven track record of helping senior adults age 55 and older cope with the challenges of life.
Your Best Choice for Adult Mental Health Care
When you need help for emotional, behavioral or mental health issues, our program offering short-term treatment for stabilization is your best choice for care. We specialize in stabilizing crisis situations through effective intervention. Our multispecialty team approach leads to successful outcomes.
We work with you and—with your permission—your loved ones to help stabilize your symptoms, understand your diagnosis and develop a plan tailored specifically to help you manage your illness. Program components include:
- Psychoeducation – Provides information about causes and effects of the particular mental illness to expand understanding of the condition, reduce feelings of helplessness and increase opportunities for better self-care
- Psychotherapy – Employs evidence-based treatment methods, such as cognitive behavioral, dialectical behavioral, solution-focused, family and group therapies, to enhance your sense of well-being
- Psychopharmacology – Uses medication to assist in treatment, when appropriate
Multiple Levels of Care to Meet Individual Needs
Our highly structured programs feature psychological, educational and expressive therapy groups. Supportive peer group communities promote personal growth and understanding.
Our therapeutic process focuses on recovery through goal setting, gender-specific issues, medication education, planning for your life after discharge and other topics relevant to your individual circumstances.
Our program offers 24-hour nursing care and full psychiatric services in a safe and structured environment. Medical supervision by highly qualified mental health professionals means you receive appropriate individual assessment, intervention, education, supportive therapies and discharge planning.
How You Benefit
Our experienced clinicians excel in identifying symptoms, creating comprehensive treatment plans and providing effective clinical care. We match the level of care to the individual level of need. You benefit from:
- Physicians – Work with you to diagnose your condition, manage symptoms, assess the need for medication and decide when you are stable enough to move to the next level of care
- Nursing staff – Monitor the program for safety 24 hours a day, provide a safe and healing environment, educate you and encourage your progress
- Social work staff – Meet with you and—with your permission—your loved ones to identify issues and stressors and set up a plan to maintain safety and continue therapy after discharge
Our 12-bed specialty unit serves individuals which are referred to the program for the following conditions:
- Depression with feelings of hopelessness or suicide; inability to care for oneself
- Anxiety causing constant fears, paralyzing worries, or panic attacks
- Severe disorientation or memory impairment
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition which threatens life or vital body functions
- Threatening thoughts or assaultive behavior toward others
- Unusual or bizarre behavior with illogical thoughts/beliefs
- Emotional issues with co-occurring substance abuse or medical issues
- Inability to maintain psychiatric stabilization through outpatient treatment
Our Senior Behavioral Health Services program includes therapeutic treatments designed to help patients stabilize acute symptoms and, ultimately, improve their quality of life. Inpatient treatment services are provided by an interdisciplinary treatment team and include:
- Psychiatric triage, evaluation and differential diagnosis
- Crisis intervention
- Medication stabilization
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and education
- Educational groups
- Activity therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Coping skills training
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient follow-up
The Senior Behavioral Health Services team includes several professionals who, collectively, bring a wide variety of skills and expertise to this program. The team works together as a group, partnering with patients and family members to ensure each individual receives the best possible care and treatment.
Our interdisciplinary treatment team includes:
- Physician Extenders
- Social Worker
- Recreational Therapist
- Mental Health Technicians
We encourage family involvement in the treatment process and view family members and loved ones as an important support of each individual's recovery. With the patient's consent, we encourage family members to visit during visiting hours, attend family sessions and provide input into the treatment and discharge planning process. If you are unable to be present, we encourage your participation by phone conference.